Friday 21 June 2013

Things that annoy the crap out of me - books

You know there are some things that really piss you off?  As a blogg seems to be all about self-obssession I thought I may as well get down low and dirty and hone in on some of those things that I just rave on and on about until my other half points out he just may of heard me on this particular topic before.  Lets start with Books.

Books that really get up my nose are chiefly the ones with:

** the over pricing of ebooks - why aren't these cheaper?  These are just another example of greedy
    corporate money grabbing publishers.
** the 'as if' factor.  You know, the bits where you think 'what about cctv everywhere,
    and haven't they ever heart of Google Maps satellite view etc etc;
** you can see 'who dunnit' before you're even a quarter of the way through;
** when you think - my god, how did this ever get published?
** the idea of a 'prequel' - what, they didn't think to put this stuff in the beginning?  What a take.
** anything where they add a book that has a decimal point something in the middle of the series.
    You know, book number 2.5 etc. They obviously just want to make you spend more money.
** series where there's only about 120 pages.  You know this is definitely more money grabbing.
    What happened to books that used to have pages in excess of a 300?

I'm sure I'll be adding more so feel free to add anything you thank of that bugs you.  I'd love to hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment